Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Turkey Day?

Okay, I confess, this is about Thanksgiving, not Christmas. Sue me.

I just wanted to share that today, while I was at ACC (Austin Community College, where I take Chemistry for both high school and college credit), this guy was talking on the phone, and I heard him say something like, "Okay, so what are you doing for - ". He paused, "...turkey day?" It seemed like he was going to say thanksgiving, but decided that it wouldn't be appropriate to mention thanks to God. Rather, one should call it "Turkey Day," so as not to insult anyone.

I'm going caroling soon (in ASL, what's more), and all the songs are about Jesus, except "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," but that's just one in about ten, and theres nothing about Santa or Rudolph or anything like that, plus, it has the words "good tidings," which are straight out of the Bible.

4 comments:

Kingdom Advancer said...

So you're against frivolous lawsuit reform? ;) (Just kidding.)

Anyways...I totally agree with you. I was actually thinking about posting about this. My actual Thanksgiving post looks like it is going to come after Thanksgiving. Go figure.

But isn't it crazy how people so shamelessly (or should I say shamefully?) try to take God out of everything?!? They don't even want to give thanks--once a year, at that--for every breath and every thing He's given them.

Austin said...

against frivolous lawsuit reform? Please explain.

Austin said...

Oh wait, I think I get it. I said "sue me," and since that would be a frivolous lawsuit, I must be against reforms to get rid of frivolous lawsuits. Is that close?

Speaking of such lawsuits, I read about a garbage man who backed a garbage truck into his own vehicle, and sued the city on the grounds that "a city garbage truck was backed into my vehicle by an employee of the city". And you know what else? HE WON! Good ol' America.

Kingdom Advancer said...

Bullseye.