Thursday, December 7, 2006

ACLU and a Nativity Scene: WHAT A COMBO!!!




I found this at Faultline USA. Linked from there was The Rapture is at Hand. They linked the site Ice Station Tango for the story, and Stop the ACLU for the picture, which actually comes from Right on the Right. (Just wanted to give proper credit. I don't know how accurate my "credit" is, but it's as best as I can do.)
Story:

The Young Conservatives of Texas - University of Texas Chapter announced today that they will be displaying an “ACLU Nativity Scene” on the West Mall of the University of Texas campus on Monday and Tuesday, December 4th and 5th. The group’s intent is to raise awareness on the extremity of the ACLU, and bring to light its secular-progressive efforts to remove Christmas from the public sphere. The display, the first of its kind in the nation, will feature characters that are quite a bit different than the standard crèche.
“We’ve got Gary and Joseph instead of Mary and Joseph in order to symbolize ACLU support for homosexual marriage, and of course there isn’t a Jesus in the manger,” said Chairman Tony McDonald. “The three Wise Men are Lenin, Marx, and Stalin because the founders of the ACLU were strident supporters of Soviet style Communism. The whole scene is a tongue-in-cheek way of showing the many ways that the ACLU and the far left are out of touch with the values of mainstream America.”
The scene will also display a terrorist shepherd and an angel in the form of Nancy Pelosi.
“The ACLU and other left-wing extremist groups are working diligently to destroy American’s rights to the free expression of religion,” said Executive Director Joseph Wyly. “We’ve already seen in Chicago an attempt to censor the nativity by a city government this week. It’s just more evidence that there is a War on Christmas being waged by the far-left in this country."





This is kind of out of the blue, but it has a good chance of doing a lot more good than one regular nativity scene. We'll see.

~Kingdom Advancer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Patrick and I really NEED to become a team member. The Christmas controversy is my all-time favorite subject and I intertwine myself in the subject each season. I created a 2005 War on Christmas website (http://www.angelfire.com/planet/thewaronchristmas), which hasn't been updated for 2006 but you can see what work I did last year there. Also, I do alot of work at Wikipedia's article for "Christmas controversies" (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Controversies) and I think I could contribute GREATLY here. Thanks.

Kingdom Advancer said...

Well, I couldn't visit your War on Christmas website because I was warned of it being insecure by my SpamBlocker. Oh, well...

And, one qualifying question: are you pro-Christmas? (Although, even if you aren't, that might be okay because we already have one teammember who isn't so much pro-Christmas--just pro-Christ.)

That being determined, I think you would probably make a great contributor. But, you will need to make a Google ("Blogger in Beta") account and give me your e-mail address so that I can officially invite you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've created a display name it's "PatrickA". And as for my website, it's not insecure, well it shouldn't be. Maybe you can search it on Google and just view their HTML cached version of it for security purposes.

Anyway, YES I'm DEFINITELY pro-Christmas, I think the "holiday" thing is ridiculous and I've spent the past several Christmases working on the issue. I've worked closely with the AFA, ADL, and other organizations. I have some dirt on retailers and their use/non-use of the word "Christmas" and I think the info. needs to be shown here. Customers need to be fully aware of what the retailers are doing. I can provide pics from their websites and print and TV ads as well. Also, my e-mail address is "patrick9_11@hotmail.com"

Kingdom Advancer said...

Okay, I invited you. Let me know if it worked.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it worked! Great, I'll start on a contribution very shortly. Also, I see you've just posted an article about Gibson's War on Christmas book? I assume you found out about that at the Christmas controversies article at Wikipedia? Anyway, I've read it and it's excellent. Should get yourself a copy. Really gets into the banning of Christmas in small towns in America.

Anyhow, I'm gonna start on one of my entries now soon.

Kingdom Advancer said...

You're right. So, technically you've already contributed once in a round about way!

Kingdom Advancer said...

Oh, by the way, I link all the contributors' main blogs. Do you have one you want linked (like your brand-new one?)?

LeeAnna said...

WELCOME!

Lanna:)